We strategically unite around 7 great purposes each year. We describe these purposes with 7 verbs: Care, Spark, Impart, Love, Celebrate, Reach, and Inspire.
Of course we have other events throughout the year, but these 7 Events are built around seven essentials for Christian ministry, to drive the forces of balance and momentum.
People who really want to grow in their faith and make a difference for Christ, should commit to all 7 Events, each year. Schedule them. Plan your vacations around them. 7 Events!
- This is our annual outreach to the destitute.
- It happens in February of each year.
- This is our annual one-week 24/7 prayer, worship, & fasting event.
- Worship teams play live worship
- 6:30-8:30am, 11:00am-1:00pm, 6:30-10:30pm (2 hours X 2 teams)
- It happens in late spring each year.
- This is our annual children & youth event.
- We are known around the county for our Vacation Bible School!
- Also, we’re adding a local/regional youth event in 2014.
- This is our annual love Augusta County event.
- Each year we select individuals and families who are in need of help, and we bless them in many ways: light home remodeling, landscaping, car repairs, etc.
- Also, we are always searching for creative ways to bless our community with God’s love.
- This is our annual Destiny Family Center anniversary celebration.
- We celebrate from Sunday through Wednesday, with dynamic worship and gifted speakers nightly. Plus on the opening Sunday night we provide fireworks and free food to our community.
- It happens on the third week of August.
- This is our annual evangelistic event.
- Our goal with this event is to bring hundreds of unchurched people to Jesus, through creative evangelism.
- It happens from September to November.
- This is our annual inspire the community event.
- Here we expose DFC to our community as a fun, loving, and creative church!
- It happens in December.
A special 7 Events t-shirt will be awarded at the 2013 Christmas service to everyone who participates in all 7 Events.